Monday, October 24, 2005

Yahoo!

I'm convinced that there is nothing more fun (please no comments about the dullness of my life) than playing with my yahoo! avatar. She's like my own little virtual paper doll. For a long time, I tried to make her look as much like me as possible. I'd get a little annoyed, because when my hair was a bit above my shoulders, one style they offered was similar to mine, but mine didn't flip out that much. But the other one was too messy looking. Then as it got longer, I found one that was similar in length and texture, but I never wore it styled like that. I felt like such a fraud though, picking the hairstyle with what I WISHED my hair looked like. The faces are decent - I can get pretty much my exact eye color and face shape. Then I'd pick outfits that resembled something I owned, or that I'd like to own. Lets just say, it was usually close enough that my kids would look at the computer and talk about the picture of me on there. Michael's was freakishly accurate, which was nice because when he's on YIM, the kids seem to think he's on the webcam or something.
Then one day, I just decided she should look as absurd as possible. I kept the same face, but put on all the least expected things. And then I discovered the Halloween section. Oh boy is that fun. And they just got some new backgrounds too. I just finished re-styling her again. This might just be my best work yet. It still doesn't beat my dear friend Lumpy, who had hers dressed in a bikini with a fur trimmed hat, with her pet wolf and horse, while grilling out on the beach. But its darn good. I think I'm a little obsessed with this. And no, I won't describe her. I couldn't do her justice. You'll just have to YIM me and see for yourself.

2 comments:

larryl said...

i deleted YIM from my computer.

Anonymous said...

i wish yours was as freakishly accurate, might make being this far away a little easier. one more month baby doll :)