I'm so not a morning person.
So I had a headache. I took Motrin because I lost my Imitrex (appt to get new rx is tomorrow), even though I knew Motrin would do nada. I way lying there curled up with my head covered (too dead to turn the light off) when Aaric walked in. They know about my headaches. They know the drill. If Mommy has a headache, shut up and go to sleep. They weren't cooperating last night. I think they've figured out that while Mommy looks really mean and sad all at the same time while she yells for you to get in bed NOW because Mommy's head is about to explode - really I'm just powerless to stop them from staying up all night and partying.
So, as I was on my bed near death from Head Explosion, Aaric walked in.
A: Mommy...
M: mmm?
A: Can you tell Uncle Larry that I want a BB gun for christmas?
M: mmhmm.. go to bed
Let it be known, officially, for the record, that if Uncle Larry reads this and then gets Aaric a BB gun for Christmas, I shall give Aaric my permission, and in fact, blessing to shoot Uncle Larry with it repeatedly. He just might shoot your eye out Uncle Larry.
Around 10:15, I decided to watch CSI. I think my TV is haunted though. It'll come in perfectly clear for like 30 seconds. Just long enough for me to step back from the antenna, watch for a second to make sure I have a good signal, and sit back down on the bed. The moment I scoot up and recline on the pillow, out it goes. Total static. So I changed it to the WB and watched the basic late night sitcom reruns. Why I do this when I KNOW I have a migraine, I don't know. I spent half of the time with one eye covered because it hurt. I did turn it off at 11:30.
I woke again at 5:30. I'm amazed by the speed at which I become alert when one of the kids gets out of bed. It really makes no sense. I could sleep through anything - other than my children stumbling out of bed and down the hall. Their foot hits the floor and my eyes pop open. Aaric came into my room excitedly jabbering on and on in true Aaric fashion about some psychotic dream he had. Something about a blue face. It was weird. I didn't pay attention - as soon as my brain got done processing the fact that he wasn't sick or injured or scared, it told me to tell him to please be quiet and get in bed. Then I noticed that my head didn't hurt anymore. Weird. They never just go away.
So then I commenced trying to fall asleep, and I just couldn't. My mom is coming into town today, and my house looks really really messy, so I have to clean it by around 4 this afternoon. Mikayla got up at 6:15 and came to bed with me, and at 6:30, I gave in and got up. Then puttered around online for a while, so here it is 7:30 AM, and I'm actually awake.
1 comment:
i had a bb gun at his age, and so should he. besides, his dad's in the army. he needs guns. i am surfing over to e-bay now.
do you think he would like a paintball gun, too?
Post a Comment