Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Garden Project: Phase 1 Complete!

This afternoon I went out and did some gardening. I kept taking breaks, because all I'd ingested was a Peanut Butter Chip Brownie and a bottled Mocha Frappuccino, so I was a bit dizzy. And it was humid.
As with any forest clearing, today, some animals were forced out of their homes. But instead of deer and squirrels, the frantic animals were roaches and ants. Actually the ants stuck around. The roaches went scampering. Some went deeper into the forest, others dashed across the sidewalk into the Garden Annex. There were probably a few million of them. I got down to the last bit of The Ugly Plant, and When I cut the branch off at the ground and pulled it up, OMG, there were so many. It was awful. I'm scarred for life.
So, here is the result of my work today:
The front view again:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And the shot that was the closeup of The Ugly Plant at its worst, this is that same spot:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As I was clearing away debris, I noticed something. I'd seen one a couple weeks ago, but it was dead. This one is dead now too. It was in the very spot, that not 30 minutes earlier, my 3 year old was digging in the dirt. I encouraged her to dig in that spot, because that is the biggest of the roots of The Ugly Plant, and I want to dig fairly deep to get rid of as much of that trunk as possible. And right there on the stump, this is what I saw, took a picture of, and then murdered:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on killing that decorative shrubbery. you need to lean another word. "prune". not the nasty fruit, but the act uf cutting PART of a plant....

~the quixotic one

Anonymous said...

i may have meant "learn" not "lean"

dang it. spell check should be a part of EVERYTHING in life.

i can spell "quixotic" but not "learn"

good schools i went to

~tha spellin' bea champyon

Kelly said...

no, no pruning. The whole thing was ugly, it had to GO