Monday, October 24, 2005

Just Say No

Yeah, I think I'm going off the drugs. This whole not eating thing is just not working for me. Its making me lose weight, its giving me migraines, and I just plain believe that you should ENJOY your food.
I have a pretty healthy relationship with food, I think. I'm not the healthiest eater on the planet. I hate veggies. But I try. I've been underweight most of my life and used to eat junk food non stop. I never really thought about what I ate, I just ate - whatever I wanted, and however much I wanted. When I was pregnant with Mikayla I started making an effort to actually eat some fruits and veggies. I've gotten better since then. And I try to avoid eating tons of fattening stuff, just because its really not good for you. I like making stuff from scratch instead of eating tons of prepackaged stuff. We've discussed the food snobbery before. I don't remember if I talked about it before or not, but the newest craze in dieting is to eat like the French. Eat the highest quality foods you can afford. Don't totally avoid sweets - just get really high quality, rich stuff, so that just a little satisfies you. Use real butter, and real sour cream and other stuff like that. Then, your food actually tastes great - and you feel more satisfied. I don't know it if really makes you lose weight - but I'm all about eating good food. I enjoy eating a yummy meal. So I consider it a major "quality of life" issue that I haven't enjoyed a meal since I started these meds.
Not to mention that I'm certain I've lost at least 5 lbs, possibly more. My scale died, so i don't know for sure. And the not eating thing gives me more migraines. Also, Michael will be home in around 6 weeks. I'll probably be pregnant soon after that and would need to stop the drugs. So whats the point in getting used to them, just to come right back off of them.
I'm going back to that evil evil dollar sucking store, The Vitamin Shoppe, this afternoon. A friend told me about some supplements a while back. She has a family member who has ADHD and is in college, who takes these supplements around finals and stuff and has had a lot of success with them. And this friend has her son on them as well. I checked, and all of them are safe during pregnancy. Sounds good to me. I'm going to give them a try.
Another thing - I think I'm even less witty on drugs. We just can't have that. So, I forgot to take them yesterday, and am actively choosing not to take them today.
So, kids, Just Say No to Drugs and Alcohol. Or at least drugs. I need to find those Margarita Mini's that I discovered a few months ago. Apparently, people around here are still mixing them themselves. How quaint. But no one is making them for me and I"m too lazy to get the blender out, so I need to find those handy dandy pre-mixed bottles of lime flavored fun.

3 comments:

larryl said...

i am pretty sure those pre-mixed margaritas don't fit into your "best you can afford" diet. you should make the real thing. from scratch, you food snob.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I have to compromise on some things. I can't afford good food AND good alcohol! And they are QUITE tasty. I'm a food snob, not a drink snob.

larryl said...

you need to get your priorities straight