I've got a little bit of everything for you today!
Drama on the Block update
No clue what happened, but I did later notice that the windshield of the big van in the driveway looked like a huge spiderweb. A couple days after that, i noticed that the blinds were open and the house was empty and there was a padlock on the door. So, they're gone. Now I'm just stuck wondering why the lady across the street constantly paces around her patio on the phone wearing socks but no shoes. The pacing while on the phone, I get. The talking on the phone constantly isn't bothersome, but I do hope she's either making local calls or has a great long distance plan. But the shoeless socked feet bother me.
The Army Exists to Torture Us
Michael had gotten an offer for what dream-job-for-now but couldn't get released from his chain of command. He got a phone call yesterday officially offering him the position, and he was actually allowed to accept it. Yay, right? This particular dream job included a deployment in two weeks. They knew he would probably turn it down, but wanted to present the opportunity. His coworkers recommended that he not even mention it to me, saying it would make me feel bad that he gave up his dream job for the family. I'm annoyed that it would have worked out that way - but certainly not sad about him giving up that position! I'm not a big fan of any thing that requires him to leave when I'd be having the baby any minute. It would have only been a 4-monther supposedly, but still, its just not worth it right now.
We have Birth Supplies!
I now am the proud owner of a box full of fun things like cord clamps, latex gloves, and an amniohook! Lots of fun stuff that the kids want to play with. AND a friend who is both a doula and a nurse offered to come over to help out if Lulu can't make it in time, which is nice.
The Baby Plays Soccer Too
I think he just kicked my knee. Oh - and updated birth predictions:
While the 19th still sticks out in my head, I'm just unsure that I'd make it to 39.5 weeks. However, since I have successfully predicted dates in the past, maybe its right. What I DO know is that the 11th is the earliest day he's allowed to arrive. And my ideal is a Monday or Tuesday, so I say he'll come on the 11th, 12th, 18th, or 19th.
I'm going back and forth on size. I realized that my belly is a good bit smaller than it was with Aaric, which makes me think he's smaller. BUT, Aaric had a 15 inch noggin and was not down in my pelvis at all while I was pregnant, while this baby hopefully does not have such a big head, and IS way down in my pelvis already. So his head isn't taking up space in my belly at all - its all tucked between my hip bones. That frees up a lot of abdominal space. So maybe he's a whopper afterall. I'm not good with predicting size, so I give up.
Its Time
We leave for Open House in about 2 hours. He's really going to school. Tomorrow morning he has orientation. Monday is his first day. I might die.
1 comment:
Your Dad & I are going to be on vacation Sept. 8 - 14 or 15. Please hold off having the baby until after that. Thanks, Mom
Post a Comment