Friday, August 18, 2006

Because it relates...

One of the famous blogs that I stalk includes Dooce. She's hilarious, and because of her, the word "dooced" means, "to get fired from a job because of one's website." Seriously. Google it.
Now, because I love Google so much, I have it, personalized, as my homepage. One thing I chose to have on there is a quote of the day. It actually shows 3 quotes, and the first one is the quote of that day, the others are the day before and 2 days before. (like that explanation was oh so necessary...)
Anyway, a couple days ago, I got online and was greeted as usual with my quote of the day, and thought it sure sounded familiar, and then I read the name. And for a moment, I felt cool because I "know" her - but then I remembered that I don't know her, I just read her blog every day so I know ABOUT her.
But the quote intrigues me, because she and I semm to suffer from exactly the opposite Mental Illnesses.
"People often write me and ask how I keep my wood floors so clean when I live with a child and a dog, and my answer is that I use a technique called Suffering From a Mental Illness."
- Heather Armstrong
Her's makes her keep her wood floors clean, mine makes me look at the floors and think, "eh, I can always sweep them tomorrow..."

No comments: