I showed great self restraint on the candy aisle. But by the time I got to the ice cream, I was all out of willpower. And they're way cheaper at the commissary than at regular grocery stores.
See, it was a long day. It involved petty spats with Michael, (which is so dumb considering he's in Iraq), Aaric locking all of the bathroom doors, Mikayla taking a late nap, and hours of the music that plays when the menu is up on the Sleeping Beauty Special Features DVD.
But, my Sunday School class is starting a cool new deal. One couple takes all the kids so that all the other couples (or those with deployed spouses) can go out. So, free child care! I was going to do my major grocery shopping, but I knew I was too hungry to be taking that task on. I'd walk out of there with two carts full. So I went in just to get milk and bananas for breakfast, and something quick and easy for myself for dinner. Then I saw the candy aisle, and being kidless, I could walk down it freely. First I saw some mint KitKats, but decided that really doesn't sound very good. Then I saw the Chocolate Truffle Mint Patties. I think these things prove God's existence, because there is no way mere mortals could have come up with this tasty treat all on their own.
Then I grabbed milk and bananas, but kept noticing cookies, and fudge, and cheesecakes, all throughout the store. I decided on ice cream. And just as I turned the corner onto the ice cream aisle, I saw these beauties. First I grabbed one (not sure which, its all a blur). Then I saw another and couldn't decide, so I tossed it in. Then another and though, why not? And so forth. I'm going to have to hide them in the outdoor freezer so the kids don't steal them - or even know that they exist. Let them keep sneaking into the freezer for handfuls of the month old carton of Vanilla Bean... I have 5 little pints of frozen heaven.
Okay, I have to go now. I spend half the time with the kids here and awake on the computer - I should do something that I *can't* do with them around while they're gone. I've still got nearly 3 hours of kid-less time. I need to clean. i may have to take a shower too though. Last time I took a shower with them awake, they painted a mural on the floor.
2 comments:
Chocolate Mint Truffles?
I am sobbing, I have never, ever seen those.
I must have them, even if I have to walk on Bloody stumps to NC.
A very dejected Lumpy.
you are the bad seed. now i know for sure.
by the way...you realize this means YOU are going to have to keep all the kids at some point....
Post a Comment