She's announced a few times recently that she wants to be baptized. This is on the heels of a little girl in her Sunday School class being baptized, and Christmas, when when was offended to have not been offered cracker and juice during the Christmas Eve service. So I had a pretty good idea that she just thought it seemed like fun and hadn't actually put a lot of thought into it. Still, she knows all the "right" answers to all my questions about why Jesus came. She's a little iffy on sin, but I blame whatever Sunday School teacher did those beaded bracelets, because, you know, the "dark" bead is for sin, so she tells me sin is dark.
So, in the car, we have a little conversation.
Me: Mikayla, what is sin?
Mikayla: Sin, is, um, dark. And it makes so that you can't see any light coming from your heart.
Me, wondering if she has any idea what on earth she's talking about: But what IS sin?
She sounds confused for a bit so I set her straight on sin being anything that God doesn't want us to do.
Then I ponder what I can ask to really get inside her head.
Me: Mikayla, why do you want to be baptized?
Mikayla, excitedly: So I have that dinner that you can't have until you get baptized!!
FOOD! Glorious food! I should have known it was all about the food.
No comments:
Post a Comment