Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lowering Expectations!

Yeah, so what happened was this:
Lowe's was doing a special deal on facebook. You watch their fb wall and they'd put up coupons for 90% off certain items throughout the weekend. It was to start at midnight on the 5th/the tail end of the 4th, of Nov. At first, it was a huge failure. The deal then was that they'd put up the coupon code and you had to be one of the first 100 to complete the checkout, to get the deal. Hoards of people swarmed the Lowe's site to get a mixer for $18.10, and the site crashed. It was mid Saturday before they were able to roll out their solution:
They'd post a link on fb, you'd click and if you were among the first to enter your email address in the box on that page, you'd be emailed a 90% off coupon for that particular item, to be used within 48 hours. If not, you got a 20% off coupon, but not all items had that offer available.

So, that's what happened to my daily blogging experiment. I spent almost all of my waking hours saturday, sunday, and monday, refreshing the Lowe's FB page so that I could catch the great deals.
I did get a mixer for $19.55, including tax. i didn't get any of the other offers, though. But when you spend that much time refreshing facebook, and you're all bleary-eyed, and have barely communicated with your family or the outside world for a few days, coming up with a blog post is a little out of reach. and then I needed to detox for a few days. I mean really, i was barely on facebook, didn't check my message board, barely checked email, for most of the last week. Now I feel like I'm leveling out again, though probably at a much healthier level of internet usage (less than before the lowesathon.)

I'm going to try to finish out the month. Maybe not daily, I mean, lets not get TOO optimistic here, but as often as I can.

Tonight I have a pre-deployment briefing to attend. Sometime this week, Michael has to have his big tough box packed up and ready to send on over. We're moving away from that intangible thing that we talk about and know is coming, to the actions that prove to us that it really is going to happen.
I continue to get the emails from the battalion that he's no longer a part of, so I know that they continue to lose soldiers. And I also get emails about "reintegration" and "don't put homecoming dates on facebook!" type stuff, and am both happy for them and frustrated that I'm on the opposite side of things right now.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get my house cleaned up so the sitter doesn't trip over the 14 pairs of shoes in the living room when she gets here in just 2.5 hours. I should probably prepare dinner, too. I hear kids like to eat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My kids are big supporters of the "feed us every day" policy. Congrats on the mixer. I don't own one because I can't bare to spend so much on one.