It's 11:30. Both big kids are still wide awake. Aaric, because the stupid drug is interfering with his sleep. Mikayla, because if he's not resting, she's not going to either. I can't get her to go to bed and stay there if he's still up and going about his "day." So they're up, watching Disney Channel. Last I heard, singing along with Hannah Montana.
Xander of course is up later when they're up late, but will still conk out by 9:30 or 10... but then he's up at 7:30 am regardless. At which time I turn on cartoons for him and try to doze for a couple more hours.
So then we're up at 9-9:30, then eat breakfast, and can't start on school stuff until around 10. All of this means we don't want lunch until around 2, and dinner around 7 or 8, depending on how much cookie dough they sneaked from the fridge during the afternoon. And then again, not tired again until nearly midnight.
I might go insane. I'm 28, the college schedule is supposed to be over with by now. This is how I lived when Aaric was a baby, not how I want to live when he's 8, she's 6, and the other he is nearly 2, and I'm pregnant again, and my husband is halfway across the country! I want sleep. At normal hours.
1 comment:
Not to be all stalkery, but thanks for your comment on Damomma. Things are starting to hit that "normal" stage where him being gone is a little bit easier and it doesn't feel quite so much like half your hearts been ripped out.
3rd deployment, actually, but the first where I've really been alone when he left. Lucky for me I'm not too shy :)
Post a Comment