So, I'm laying in bed, trying to talk Xander into going to sleep (he kept replying, "aww, man!") when I see Aaric, eyes partially shut, walking into the office. Figuring he was trying to sneak onto the computer, I told him to turn around and head to bed, that he was certainly not sleep walking. Yeah, they try that one on a regular basis. It didn't register to me then that both eyes were nearly shut. I mean, he has been able to shut both, and at the same time, but he hasn't had enough control over lefty to just partially shut it on purpose. So, he says, "No, I know I'm not. Look!" He'd thought I was in the office and was coming to show me this new trick. Realizing what was up, I told him to look at me. Both eyes open, I told him to blink. Both eyes shut! At the same time! Lefty had been shutting, but with effort and a couple second delay. There might be a very slight delay now, but it's close enough.
I knew he was improving, because he wasn't able to raise the left eyebrow at all, and as of yesterday, it was going up slightly.
So, I may hate the side effects of that Prednisone, but it's working, and that's what matters. So, a little more improvement in the eye, and then hopefully the mouth will catch up! YAY!!
ENT visit #3 is tomorrow, complete with another hearing test. I haven't noticed any changes (in hearing), but then, at this point, the changes are going to be a lot less noticeable, the closer he gets to "normal."
Also, Xander can count. Sorta. "2, 8, 2, 8, 2, 8..." But he DOES recognize that when I say, "1, 2, 3" it means, "time's up, kid!"
Mikayla seems to have gotten over her jealousy issues, and has quit pitching a fit about how unfair life is. For today at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment