Friday, March 16, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly... with a couple funnies thrown in

As of today, we are debt-free. We do owe our parents money for the times they've bailed us out over the years, but if you pulled up our credit report, after it's been updated, it would show that we have no more debt. The last of it was a student loan and a van payoff, both of which were taken care of with a tax refund. We now have a whopping $266 left of our tax refund and it will be used to supplement the budget this month. Now car payment-free, we'll be getting a fenced in yard soon! And the windows tinted on the van so that my children aren't roasted alive during the summer back there! This is all very exciting here in our boring little corner of the world.

Just a couple weeks after supposedly leaving, the bubonic plague hit our house again. For Xander it's allergies, partly due to the 3 very long haired animals he was exposed to Saturday. He's almost stopped wheezing, finally. For Mikayla, it's a cough and fever. For me, it really seemed like round 2 of the flu, but then it was suggested that it could be pneumonia. 2 strep tests, 1 blood draw (two pokes though, thanks to my tiny non-bleeding veins), and 1 chest xray later, we know that Mikayla has strep throat and I have, get this, the common cold. All my tests said I was healthy.

Spring had sprung. We were wearing shorts and sandals and frolicking in the sun. This morning, when we took Aaric to school (20 minutes late, thanks to my sick self oversleeping), it was 62 degrees. So we wore warm weather clothes. Then we went to Urgent Care for the aforementioned testing. When we left, it was 52 degrees and dropping and we were freezing. That really wasn't fun. we've got rain all day and now a chilly weekend coming up.

Do you know how I woke up this morning? I mean, after the two times I hit snooze and then apparently my alarm clock just gave up on the impossible task of waking me up. "MOM! Mikayla dumped water on me!" She seemed to think this was the perfectly reasonable course of action. She woke up, saw that it was morning, tried to wake Aaric up, he resisted, so she poured water on his head. I thanked her for waking us, but asked that next time, she just come get me. Preferably, not with a bucket of water.
And, in explanation of the new quote: So, Aaric likes to dance. He learned from The Acadamy of Professional Whiteboy Dancing. He hears music and he starts his own crazy brand of dancing and Michael and I will laugh and usually under our breaths, say, "He is SO white!" He's enthusiastic, he just lackes the moves. Mikayla and I were just counting. She'd demonstrated that she can count to 21, so I asked if she could go further. With a little help from me, she made it to 100. She was really just doing the "70....80..." with me filling in the blanks. So, i said 99, and then paused and she wanted me to say it, so I triumphantly said, "ONE HUNDRED!!!" And she rolled her eyes and said, "Mom, you are so white." Indeed. Which is why you won't see me dancing often.
(blogger hates me lately and won't save my template changes, so I'll get the quote in there when I can get it to cooperate)

No comments: