Thursday, March 08, 2007

Are you a Slacker Mom?

I see that in an ad all over the place and it really annoys me. However, I also always think, "Why yes I am!"
What I've really slacked in, though, is writing. That's partly due to the black plague which infested our home for a good week and a half. I'm now trying to figure out if Xander is a) relapsing once again, b) has another UTI (please no because that means some not so fun tests) or c) teething. I've decided it's teething because that's the easiest one to deal with.
Whatever the case, he had a fever last night which apparently caused more delirium. Never before have any of my children done this. But he was awake. For over an hour. Babbling. Full of joy at 2 am was he. mabapprffftttmaafff over and over and over. for over an hour. He talked more in that hour than he typically does in a week. Michael rolled over and offered the helpful suggestion that I try nursing him. Because I hadn't thought of that? He was not sleepy and he certainly was not hungry and he just wanted to lay there and talk to himself very very loudly. And when I was awake enough to notice, he felt hot. I never could find a thermometer though. he finally went to sleep and woke up normal temperatured and chipper.
He constantly sticks his tongue out and hums through it. Usually while on all fours rocking back and forth trying to figure out how to propel himself forward. Then when he does manage to fly forward, it's usually into my face where he then opens wide and tries to suck my brain out through my cheek. Mikayla thinks that is the grossest thing ever.
Speaking of Mikayla, she tells me at least 74 times per day that I don't like her and that I'm not fair and that I'm not her best friend. And I'm a meany-pants. And because they are smart enough to take turns (if they didn't we might have sold them to the gypsies already) Aaric has turned into a kid who almost always likes us and does what we say. Almost. He still has the attention span of a mosquito and can lose his socks 4 seconds after I hand them to him while we're getting dressed to leave for school, but for the most part, he's a very pleasant kid to be around. It really makes up for Reagan, I mean Mikayla.

No comments: