The good news is - of course, Aaric's teacher only had wonderful things to say about him. The parent/teacher conference was today and she assured us that he really is behaving wonderfully. At the beginning of the year, we didn't mention our family history of ADD, so as not to plant any ideas in her head, but we asked her about it today. She assured us that she sees no evidence of it so far, that his attention span is great. So, I"m guessing that some of his "symptoms" that I see are really just behaviors that he's picked up from me. Like the pacing in order to think. Which he doesn't do at school. He saves that for home, so it can drive me insane. She also admitted that when she heard at the start of the year that he was homeschooled, she was skeptical about how much he'd be able to do, but that she's been very impressed. In fact, she's in grad school and for a project, she had to pick one of the top kids and one of the struggling kids and write about them, and she picked Aaric as her top kid. After Christmas, she'll be starting a small group of the advanced readers in the class, and Aaric will be in it. She said she can see that he's really taken off with the reading. He's not writing a ton for her, so she asked us what he does at home and it seems he's soaking it all up at school then coming home to practice it. Because that kid could write all day. I think I'll get him pencils and paper for Christmas. Seriously.
And I lied. There is no bad news. Well, okay, I'll come up with some semi-bad news. See these cute longies (wool pant diaper covers)?

I won them on ebay and they arrived today and they're too big still. They'll fit before too long though. They're a bit girly, too, but he'll get over it. the purple looking parts are actually hot pink.
No comments:
Post a Comment