Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"What does that mean?"

Poor Mikayla is trying to figure out life.
Her - Mom, can I go outside?
Me - Not right now.
Her - What does that mean?
Me - It means "not...right...now!"
Her - But what does that meeeeaaannn???
Me - It means "no."
Her - But I thought "I doubt it" means "no!"
Me - Well, that too.
Her - Mom, can I have this little pink Bible? (the one that the church gave to Xander for his dedication)
Me, absentmindedly - No. (I forgot that my plan is to cut out the page with his name and buy him a blue one and give her the pink one)
Her - But I always wanted a little pink Bible!!
Me - Oh, yeah. Maybe.
Her - What does maybe mean?
Me - Possibly. Probably.
Her - And probably means no?

Poor kid. Life's so hard.

Later that day:
Me - Hurry up, we're running late!
Her - What does "late" mean?
Me - It's the opposite of early.
Her - Does that mean it's the same?

No comments: