Thursday, March 23, 2006

The. Coolest. Thing. EVER.

What has earned this title? Papa John's online ordering.
Instead of calling, and asking what all of the specials are, and what all of the topping options are (because every pizza place has a different set and I don't have them all memorized), and agonizing over whether to get the breadsticks or skip them, I can just order online.
I just go to the website (which I'd link to, but I have faith that my readers are smart enough to figure that one out on their own) and look at the menu. I can view the specials. All of the prices are right in front of me. If I'm going to create my own pizza, i can easily just check the appropriate boxes. I can look at all of the dipping sauce options (love that cheese dip!) and the price of each and check the boxes.
Then I can check out! And I can pay online with my credit card! And then I get an email saying that my Papa's Perfect Pan Pizza and 2 cheese sauces will arrive in approximately 43 minutes.
I also got a free 30 day trial of a Blockbuster Online membership, but I got an error message when I clicked on that and I'm way too lazy to pick up the phone and call to get my access code instead.
OH, and I didn't have to call and hear "Thank you for calling Papa John's, can you hold please?" Because they are always too busy to talk when you call.

Does life get much better than all that?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'll tell ya what's not so cool:
The online timer is wrong. It told me 43 minutes. At 53 minutes, I called. She said the real estimated time tonight would have been 1:15-1:30. Gee, thanks. It made it in right at an hour though.