As promised, I will provide no details about the more invasive procedures involved in a full physical at a prenatal appointment. Except to say that I'd given Aaric a very vague briefing on what would happen, and assured him it was all okay, but at one point during the process he said, "Mom, is that gonna hurt you??" He seemed a bit freaked. When I asked him about it later though, he had no clue what I was talking about. So apparently he's blocked it from his memory. Yay for childhood psychological trauma caused by seeing your mother undergo a pap smear! Really, he was sitting near my hip, which was much better than where his chair was originally placed, where he would have had a dead on view.
Michael was hoping to either go or stay home with the kids so that I could avoid the psychological trauma caused by trying to corral 2 kids while undergoing a pap smear, but someone that he works with made sure to call and tell me to pass along the message that he had a meeting at the exact same time as my appointment. And it turns out, the meeting was an hour later. Gee, thanks.
Instead of my brain blocking the memory of trying to keep them quiet and occupied though, I have a headache. One surely caused by having to read what seemed like a thousand different pages of this book that Chick-Fil-A gave him on Egypt. Mostly, instructions on how to make extremely messy projects. I told him to take that book with him to Grandma's house because we sure weren't using that much glue - let alone plaster - in my house! That's what Grandma's are for. Happy Easter Mom!
So, as it turns out, even though if I took a picture of my belly today, it would look no different than the picture that I did take just over 7 weeks ago, there really is a kid in there. That, or there is something else in there with a heartrate in the 160-170 range. I don't know when this kid will make itself known to the naked eye, but it couldn't escape the doppler.
Everything else is normal. I lost 3 pounds. No suprise since I went a couple weeks living off of french fries. I go back in 5 weeks, and that one will be far less invasive. Just measuring and listening. If there's anything to measure yet. The kid might still be huddling down in a corner by then, who knows.
In other news: Anyone know when the weather plans to pick a season? High 70s last week, cold today, highs in the EIGHTIES in a couple days. Pick a season. And make it spring.
In more other news: Aaric is no longer strictly vegetarian, after a bit of prompting. We had a nice talk about how if he really truly doesn't want to eat meat because of the poor animals, then that's fine, and I can understand that. But that he needs to decide that for himself, not do it just to make someone else happy - even if that someone was Daddy. He's decided that he will allow himself to eat 4 bites of meat a day. Four. But that he'd really prefer to just stick to the veggies.
In one more piece of other news: Mikayla says we should name the baby Shilla. Where on earth does she get her names from?
1 comment:
do we really have to wonder where your kids would get weird name ideas from?
does the word "coolbreeze" ring a bell? your kids need no help.
nor do mine...
Post a Comment