Saturday, October 25, 2008

Thankful

How bad is it that this makes me wonder what his angle is? What does he want from me? Hmm.

In order to create a lovely Rainwater Regatta boat in a Georgia Tech theme (he wouldn't budge. I'm anti sports.),I printed off a logo from the internet and cut it out very carefully. Then I laid it on the wet paint and tapped it down gently, and once it dried, I made sure no air bubbles got stuck around the clear coat that I sprayed on. That was the GT part. Then I took my printout of the yellow jacket and taped it to the back of the sail, so that I could trace the design and color it in properly. And I'm far from crafty, so this was quite a stretch for me.

As I was working on the yellow jacket, Aaric walked up behind me and said, "Mom, thanks for doing all this for me."

So, I was just working on his Popcorn Sales order form. With my first (incorrect) calculations, he was just $22 away from the next prize level, so I decided to throw in a military donation of $25 to push him over the line. Then I did the "final" calculations, and found that I'd accidentally added in $25 where it didn't belong further up on the list. Now, if you take out ALL of the orders from this household, he'd be $85 away from that prize level. Or, just $15 over the next level down. So, yeah, instead of my nice little $32 order, I'm now placing an $87 order. I WILL be eating most of the chocolate and caramel ones! So, as I'm double checking the numbers for the last time, he came into the room and said, "Mom, thanks for helping me out and buying all that popcorn."

So, I ponder, has he suddenly gained a true sense of appreciation when someone does something nice for him, or does he want something?

By the way, Mikayla wants you to know that she has a loose tooth. Oh, and Aaric's boat got 2nd place within the Wolves. He did all the sanding himself, all I did was paint.

No comments: