In the whirlwind of dealing with the insurance company and trying not to overdo it while I healed, we somehow managed to get moved in. Luckily, I was only sore for 2 days. We're now in, but only about half unpacked. A week later, we found that the van was indeed totaled, but then also found out that we'd actually be making money off of it, since we got such a good deal when we bought it. Our replacement is technically an upgrade, since it's a year newer, but it does have about 5000 more miles on it than the old one did at the time of the crash, and it's got more wear and tear. Both were former rental vehicles, but the other was was in near perfect condition. This one has a few small scratches, and the interior isn't as perfect, and the mats were stained. We grabbed the old mats out of the old van when we went to clean it out. It IS pretty though. It's a dark red. And other than cosmetics and being a year younger, it's identical to the other one.
The house is great and huge. We're settling in well, unpacking is just a royal pain. It's livable at least, but we've got a lot left to do. Luckily, there's a garage to hold all the boxes so I don't have to push it. But of course, Michael is leaving on Friday and won't be back until November, so we want to get as much as possible done before he leaves.
Because right now, I'm carrying around one of these:

And by the time he gets back, I'll look something like this:

So I need to unpack while I can! So far, I feel fine, so I'm hoping the first trimester exhaustion stays away! Due date is 1/28/09.
5 comments:
Well congrats to making money off the car and the pregnancy!
omg Congrts.
yeah!!! i want one too!!!:)
Congrats on the pregnancy!
Congrats on the pregnancy!
Post a Comment