Saturday, February 23, 2008

Can anything else go wrong? Don't answer that.

Rumor has it that this year's flu strain likes to go into hiding for a few days and then emerge once more. Which could explain why last night, Mikayla was sick again. She never even hit 100%.

We went to visit Michael last weekend, which was nice, but when we got home, it was 60 degrees in our house. I had to get the friendly maintenance men to come make the heater work.

I sent Aaric outside to run down the the neighbor's house for me, and he discovered that his bike is missing. During the height of Aaric's flu, someone came by with his bike and said they'd found it in their front yard, and since he'd been sick, I knew someone had to have taken it. And now it's gone again. I am not happy. You'd think the big "AARIC" tag on the back would be a deterrent. Stick to stealing things that aren't so obvious, you know? We've walked all over the neighborhood and could not find it.

Xander broke my ear last night. I didn't know that was possible. To be fair, I haven't had any xrays, so I don't have proof that it's broken. But we were all in bed watching a movie, and Xander lifted his head and then slammed it down right on top of my ear. I'm not entirely certain that I've ever been in that much pain. And I've given birth to 3 children.
Then I forgot about it until I made a phone call and the pressure of the phone against my head reminded me. Then this morning it itched and I touched it and thought I'd die. My skull right behind my ear is sore, too. I think I have an ear fracture.

I just can't wait to see how much fun the next 5 weeks will be! The past 7 have been pretty darn bad.

No comments: