Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Aaric, the sweetie pie manipulator

I wanted to scan the picture, but I left town before getting the scanner hooked up. So instead, I'm just telling the story and if I ever get it scanned, it'll be in the photo album.
Aaric had been banished to his room for a variety of reasons. I figured while he was there, he may as well clean. After the second day, I started over-focusing on the cleaning, forgetting that it wasn't the main purpose of his banishment. But I got sick of seeing him playing during his "punishment" and finally stuck my head in and told him that if I caught him doing anything other than cleaning again, I'd take away whatever he was playing with. A few minutes later I looked in and saw him with a crayon and a piece of paper. I snatched it up and stormed out and shut the door behind me. Then I looked down at it.
sary sary sary
sary sary sary
a thsunn tims
Im sary momye
i lov

Which translates into, "sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, a thousand times, I'm sorry Mommy. I love..." which is where I'd cut him off.

I thrust it at Michael and said something about it not being fair that he'd disobey me by writing a sorry/love note! The nerve!

May as well throw in a funny thing he said the other day. His birthday is coming up and we're in GA, so everyone is asking what he wants. He has no clue. The only TV he watches is PBS, and I'm a mean mother who refuses to take him down the toy aisle ever, so he has no idea what other toys are even available to him. There was something he'd mentioned one day and I said "absolutely not!" Clothes, especially socks and underwear, were mentioned and he said "absolutely not!" A couple days later, I was talking to someone else about what he might like and said, "Hey, Aaric, what was it that you asked for and I said no way?" He thought about it for a minute, smiled a little grin and said, "Clothes!"

No comments: