Well, I had yet another thrilling appointment today. Actually, the really nice thing is that I do know the lady doing my checkups from church, and she's nice. That makes me not have to fight the urge to just skip the appointments.
So, I've gained 4 lbs since my last appointment (6 weeks ago) but I'd lost 3 lbs before that, so that puts my total weight gain at ONE POUND. This is very typical for me in the first half of the pregnancy. Actually, with Aaric, I didn't gain anything until 20 weeks. I was eating a ton and not sick at all, but didn't gain. I've been having headaches lately, but my BP is not elevated at all, so that's good. I think its either sinuses or lack of water. My pulse was 101, which sounds really high to me, but it was 98 at my last 2 appointments. I say its from the exertion of walking from the waiting room to the scale, then over to the chair. This may be an indicator that I should consider physical exercise from time to time. Michael says his is around 65.
The baby's heartrate was 150, lower than either of the other 2 kids, who liked to stay around 170, but 150 is still perfectly normal. Just further evidence that this kid is going to be totally different than the other two.
In less medical related incubation news: In the last two weeks, the growth has been visible. If you saw me on the street, you'd probably be able to tell that I'm pregnant. Especially if I was wearing a somewhat fitted top. I've hit that very very annoying stage where nothing fits right. The regular clothes are all too small. The jeans won't button and won't even zip all the way anymore. All of my shirts are too short to cover the bulge and the opened jeans so I bought a few new longer ones. The maternity pants, even the new "real waist" ones are all too big and maternity shirts, even the more fitted ones, look like a tent. Another month and this stage should be over, but while it's here, it sucks.
Michael's been brainstorming to find ways to make cash off of the kid. He took my rule of "suggest I go overdue or have twins and pay me a fine" to a whole new level. Now he has suggested that we charge people to tell them the gender. For a larger fee, we'll send a scan of the u/s photo (okay, that one was my idea). The highest bidder (that we trust with my parents' address, because I'd hate to unleash a stalker on them) gets to cut the cord. He had lots of fun ideas. I think they might be slightly unethical.
1 comment:
your parent's address? mom and dad are letting you have your hillbilly/voodoo home birth at their house?
promise will want to attend.
Post a Comment