I was just complaining to The Hubby that I'm not witty. I read so many blogs that make me laugh all day. How many? Well lets just say that I read one today where the lady said something about her child being alarmed by a noise and so she went flying across the room (literally, like through the air) and then held onto the wall with her hands and feet - or something like that. Not nearly as funny when I tell *about* it. So anyway, I wanted to show him that blog entry. But when I searched through all the blogs I recalled looking at today, I couldn't find it. Thats how many blogs I check on. I really want to say it was dooce.com, but i can't find the entry that discusses such an event. The Hubby says I am witty, but a different kind of witty. He somehow knew that the type of wit I want is the Lorelai Gilmore type. If I could just talk like her all day, I'd be happy. He says that there are lots of writers that come up with those lines. I say, I need writers. Unfortunately, he feels that we do not have room in the budget for that. Plus, I think that a cleaning lady might come first. Nah, wit over cleanliness.
So anyway, point being... Then I was talking to my brother. He has an ex wife who can be a very nice person and I actually get along with her very well. However, she's quite the pessimist. She used to complain that he didn't see their son often enough. He lived several hours away. He moved back to The Hometown, so that he was like 30 minutes from her. And was broke. So then she complained that he wasn't giving them enough money. So now, he's considering moving back to the several hour away place, and she said he wouldn't see their son often enough. I said, and are you ready for this, here comes the Witty Line... "If you gave her a suitcase full of cash, she'd complain that its too heavy."
Sure, its not quite up there with Lorelai, but I think its decent, don't you? Don't answer that. Unless of course, you think it is.
Oh, i just found it. It was dooce. http://www.dooce.com/archives/daily/08_22_2005.html see, go read and laugh. I should do that. instead of writing about my life, i should just link to my favorite other blog entry of the day. That way, those of you who don't want to take the time to weed through a million blogs, can just come here to see what I recommend. While I can't promise to be witty, I can promise to find witty stuff! I wonder if any of these people offer lessons in witty blogging?
No comments:
Post a Comment