Friday, September 16, 2005

Ick

Ways to not get a good night's sleep:
1 - stay up way too late online
2 - eat a bit of Triple Chocolate Cookie Dough
3 - finally get into bed around 2AM, turn on the TV to lull you to sleep (trust me, I tried snoozing in silence last night and it took me around an hour to conk out), and unpack the hairdryer you just bought (exactly why does one need instructions for a hair dryer? And why does it have 2 speeds? Heat control is enough, really.)
4 - hear the 3 yr old beside you cough and NOT realize that something bad is up, or rather, on its way up
5 - hear her cough again and look toward her and see that she looks unhappy and is covering her mouth, with her eyes still shut and think to yourself "huh. wonder why she's coughing like that"
6 - finally realize/remember that she ALWAYS coughs just before puking
7 - actually take the time to ask "hey honey, are you okay? do you need to throw up?"
8 - grab her and run her to the bathroom (at least i remembered to face her outward)
9 - don't run quite fast enough, so that only the last few drops actually make it to the toilet. The rest is covering the rug, the sides of the toilet, the floor around the toilet, and some even on the side of the tub.

Now, after this whole ordeal, of course the kid need to be cleaned up a bit and given a sip of something to drink. And be put back to bed.
So to avoid the ick factor in the morning:
10 - put the dress she was still wearing and the rug into the washer
11 - search the house but not find the bleach which you feel should be used to clean puke, despite the fact that you hate bleach
12 - Find a few alternatives and take them all - Kroger brand bathroom cleaner, Wet Ones Antibacterial Wipes, and Method Lavender All Purpose Wipes
13 - Wipe down with the antibacterial, then the bathroom cleaner (it occurs to me that i did that backwards) and then the lavender (because it smells pretty, and because, dear heavens, we wouldn't want to sit our natural hineys down on anything other than natural cleansers, now would we? see, i can make fun of myself)
14 - search for a bucket but only find the HUGE one that is way too large for a 3 yr old to use in bed should the need arise
15 - decide to just use the bathroom trashcan
15 - Actually sit down at 2:40AM once all that is over, to take 10 minutes out of your potential sleeping time to blog about it all

Please dear God just let her sleep through the night because I don't want to wake up with puke on my face but I'm so tired I doubt I'll wake up if she does.
No seriously, I don't know whats up. We didn't eat anything funky. She's felt fine all day. She didn't have a fever. I hope she's not sick because I was just about to go to Tricare in the next day or two and switch them to a different PCM, but now I'll have to go to the one I already picked out even though I don't think I'll like them.
Okay, 2 more minutes gone there. I stared off into space for part of it.
Off to bed. Sorry about the lack of wit. I did mention that its 2:52 didn't I?
**************
3:23 - Oops She Did It Again
This had better not be an all night pattern.
*************************
Its now noon, and I'm finally awake enough to function. The tea is helping. Celestial Seasonings "Morning Thunder" - I highly recommend it. Most delish tea I've ever tasted, plus it has a good bit of caff.
Okay, around 4 am, we had another repeat performance. The good news about the 3:23 one and the 4 am one is that I got her to the toilet in time. YAY for no cleanup!
So then, I fall asleep again, finally (no tv, and paranoid about her puking on my face) and drift off and finally hit nice, deep sleep...
DING DING DING DING - probably a thousand dings. I finally was alert enough to realize it was the door bell. I thought of ignoring but it became clear that the only way to get it to stop was to confront it. So I groped around in the dark and found a pair of pants to pull on (was wearing a tee), and ran (stumbled) down stairs. As I went past the clock I noticed that it was around 6:30. It occurred to me that if someone is ringing my doorbell at 6:30 am, it had better be a life or death type emergency.
It was the next door neighbor boy. They wanted to let me know that my car door is open. really? You needed to wake me up at 6:30 to tell me my door is open? just shut the thing and leave me a note so that I can check for missing objects later! I am quite certain that I didn't leave it open, though I do think i left one door unlocked. But I didn't see anything missing. Luckily, my purse was inside the house, so no worries on missing wallets. So, I was awakened at that ungodly hour, to shut my car door. The kid's lucky I was too asleep to say mean things to him. not that I would have, but i'd have been very tempted.
So I went back to sleep. And was awakened by a chipper 3 yr old whose stomach issues were fine now that it was way too early in the morning and mommy was very tired! I think she did it just to ensure some "free play while mommy sleeps" time. I kept trying to convince her that she was very very ill, and needed to sleep. It was 8:30. She kept arguing that she felt fine though, so finally I got her a movie. Shrek seems to be scratched. So Nemo it was. I hate that movie now. we've seen it way too many times. But she watched it again. then Aaric got up and after driving me crazy for a while, they went to play in the playroom. I finally woke up at 11 when I heard them yelling at each other a bout "a little fella" which apparently is what they call this little metal ball from the magnetix set.
Is it bed time yet? Its nearly 1, surely its nap time at least!

No comments: