He got a haircut. It wasn't nearly as traumatic as last time, when they hacked it all off.
While I'm here, I'll tell you about our fun week:
Saturday - All was well until Xander threw up on our bed. We cleaned him up, shampooed parts of the carpet and mattress, remade the bed, and went to sleep with him on a pallet on the floor.
Sunday - He woke up, rolled over, and threw up again. Of course, he'd climbed back into our bed first. Then he had a few sips of water and did it again. Then all was well, and he played happily and ate food with no problem. He did start saying that his back hurt.
Monday - got into our bed sometime in the middle of the night. Or maybe he started there, I forget. Woke up, rolled over, did it again. Given the back pain, and the recent discovery of his kidneys and ureters not being in top condition, I took him in. Before going to his doctor, Mikayla got her eye exam, and needs glasses. Then Xander threw up in the van on the way to the doctor. I was not thrilled that the doctor was in a hurry and only took a couple minutes with us. He prescribed some anti-nausea meds (zofran) and said to pick up the Rx he'd already written for prophylactic antibiotics, due to the reflux.
Tuesday - my phone was dead, as usual. And it was past resurrection, fully dead. So I couldn't call, so I dropped in the doctor's office to request that they do a urinalysis to confirm whether there was indeed a UTI or not. I was told yes, but the doctor wanted to see me again. Since I was a walk-in, that meant that we waited for nearly 3 hours. I was not at all impressed. And all he said was that he agreed that we need to test the urine, and he also agreed that if there is an infection then we need stronger antibiotics. Seriously. He made me wait 3 hours, just to tell me that I was right. We'd gotten the pee sample 2 hours earlier! Then we went to the lab to drop off the pee in a cup, and went on our way. It was a vomit-free day.
Wednesday - Take a wild guess what he did around 11:30 at night, and where he was? Earlier that day, we got the news that his urine appeared fine, but the cultures weren't back yet.
Meanwhile, the antibiotics taste gross.
I don't know when it's safe to feed him, because I'm not convinced he's done. So far, so good today, but my bed seems to trigger it, so we'll see. He still says his back hurts. He's a weird kid.
In Disney news - since we're able to do it so cheap, we're now taking along an extra set of eyes and arms to assist us with corralling our little angels. My cousin Hannah is going along for the fun!
1 comment:
WOW! After that week of throwing up glad you had a positive about Disney! Your gonna have so much fun!
Post a Comment