Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Any Day Now

That might be the title of EVERY entry from here on out if he stays put longer than I expect!
So, we made it through all of the hectic-ness of early September. We even survived some unplanned excitement - stomach viruses all around! I was the only one lucky enough to escape it's wrath, and it's a good thing because me getting dehydrated is just not high on our list of fun things to do.
I spent last week running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Monday through Wednesday were spent dealing with sick kids and the laundry that goes along with stomach bugs. Thursday was spent driving all over town in search of pink soccer shoes and back home for a quick snack and then to practice and then to more stores. No pink soccer shoes were found until after I'd already bought the plain black and whites. Tough luck, kid. I made up for it with pink socks. Friday was spent going to two baby showers and to the store to buy gatorade for Michael, who then had the virus. And let me tell you - its a bit strange going to a baby shower thrown by your husband's coworkers that you don't know, alone. "Hi, I'm Kelly, I'm the one here to get the gifts from you fine strangers." Saturday morning we ran late (of course) to Mikayla's soccer game then made it to Aaric's (since it was the next field down, it would be hard to be late to it, but if anyone could do it... it's me) and then went home where I crashed. Thankfully, Michael felt well enough to take the kids out running errands so I napped.
I'd told the baby to make it through that weekend so we could make it to the soccer game and then to the first week of Awana's and he obeyed. Then I asked him if he could please hang out for just a little bit longer so I could recover and get the final touches done on the house. So far, he's holding out. But I can't see it being much longer.
I had an appointment yesterday and all was well. Nothing thrilling to report. Total weight gain is up to 21 pounds now. We went on the hospital tour. We went last week too (after the kids got well but before Michael got sick), but it was cancelled because there were no empty rooms to show us. Disturbingly, this was the case again yesterday. She did have one free mother/baby room available though, so we got to see it. Let's just say that going on a hospital tour was a lovely affirmation that having this kid at home is what's right for us. I just kept thinking, "Thank God I don't plan on coming here!!" Not my cup o' tea at all.
Now, its not horrifically so, but my blood pressure was fine yesterday morning but has been elevated since last night. I've had some headaches and swelling, so we're working on that. Along with that, I've been having contractions that are not quite as frequent, but about the exact same intensity as my first 12 hours of labor with Mikayla. Of course, my cervix didn't progress a single bit in those 12 hours, so it doesn't mean much. But that, combined with the increasing pressure of a baby moving downward in the pelvis, all lead me to think that it really can't be much longer. The nurse at Aaric's school says I won't make it through the weekend.
I do plan on getting another belly picture taken, and when I do, I'll get it on here. Hopefully, it'll be the last one. I'll also add some pictures of soccer last Saturday, but right now I'm too lazy to go find the usb for the card reader.

No comments: