The baby is slowly sucking my brain cells. I think of fun, witty things to write about, but then can't get the energy to write them. Right now, I can't think of any of them.
Recent events:
If I stand up for too long, like say, 5 minutes, the ligaments at the very top of my inner thighs start to ache. Turns out that the ligaments in your thighs actually support the uterus, too. Seems like it would be all ab-work, but no, it's legs too. So that hurts all the time.
If I sit for too long, like say, 5 minutes, the spot where my hip/pelvic bones meet my sacrum get incredibly lazy on me. Meaning, when I stand up, they scream at me. In other words, I can barely walk across the room because the nerves and muscles back there are all loudly protesting and refusing to function at ALL. It hurts lots.
Because of both of those things, I had about decided that I needed self-imposed bedrest. Hire a maid, make Michael feed me in bed, and let the kids watch TV all day, because I can't walk without pain and I can't go from sitting to standing without pain, so clearly the solution is to just never get up.
I emailed a local friend who I know goes to a chiropractor, to see how much hers costs. The military is nice enough to pay for chiropractic coverage for soldiers, but not for their families. I guess the Army figures that if they're screwing up soldiers' backs when they have them jump from planes, they should at least try to fix them. But the spouses and children just shouldn't be doing things to make their joints stop lining up properly. So anyway, turns out this chiro that my friend uses waives all initial fees for military people and only charges $35/adjustment. I can live with that.
Plus, the pools will be opening this weekend, and while I can't walk, surely I can swim.
The baby weighs approximately one pound right now. Well, that was the figure last week, its probably up a bit by now. In the past, one pound babies didn't cause me much if any discomfort. This one though, is killing me. In addition to the aforementioned pains, it really feels like there is a large bowling ball hanging off of the front of my abdomen. Today, especially, I think he's gained a few pounds. He was measuring a couple of days behind the norm for his age at my ultrasound, but I'm quite certain he's caught up by now. I really have a feeling this sucker might just beat Aaric's 9 lbs 2 oz. As long as that head isn't 15 inches, I'll survive. But still, if one pound hurts me this much, i shudder to think about the next three months.
Today I dug through a few boxes and washed all of the size NB, 0-3, and 3-6 mo boy/neutral clothing. Two loads down, one more to go. And the NB and 0-3 stuff is all in really good condition, since Aaric was in 3-6 by around 6 weeks. Mikayla insisted on trying on several pieces of baby girl clothing that she outgrew around 4 years ago. She actually got a skirt on. It was a 3-6 mo sweater skirt with built in panties, and she insisted that it fit. It DID get on her body, but it didn't exactly fit. She also has a major baby shoe fascination.
Also, this baby keeps kicking me. Yes, I'm aware that they are supposed to do that. But this is another reason why I think he'll be huge. Aaric was practicing either karate or soccer or both while he was inside of me and I swear he was bruising my internal organs by the end of the pregnancy. This kid hasn't quite reached that level yet, but he definitely seems to be following Aaric's example. I think he'll come out with major newborn muscle tone. Aaric really did hold his head up on his own on the first day. Mikayla was a typical floppy newborn. I think I just grow strong, muscular, big boys.
So now you see the other reason why I haven't updated: other than my brain cells slowly seeping out of my head, I fully recognize that I'm becoming quite the whiner.
Four more months. All of them summer months.
Oh, I just remembered a story.
Aaric was asking me about black people and white people being married, and what would their babies look like. I reminded them of some friends of ours - black dad, white mom, dark tan little girl. He pondered that for a while. A full 3 hours later he asked me if she'd get lighter or darker as she got older. Then he said, "I wish you'd married a black man." Now this isn't an uncommon topic around here. Both kids seem greatly offended that they were not there for our wedding, and they frequently encourage us to get "unmarried" and then marry again. Whether we marry each other or someone else really doesn't matter, but if they HAD to pick, they'd prefer some step parents. I'm done trying to reason with them, apparently they are just weird kids. So anyway, I responded to Aaric that I loved his daddy, so I'd married him. He said, "No, I know that, I mean, I wish Daddy was a black man... Oh, wait, no, [starts to sound sad here] that wouldn't work, because then he'd get hurt a lot when he was little." Me = confused.
"Well, you know! Because the black people had to stand up on the bus and stuff!"
Think its time to teach the timeline? He probably thinks his grandparents lived in caves.
No comments:
Post a Comment